Hello, I hope you all had a great week and are enjoying fall. Please say you’re enjoying fall, I miss out on it in So Cal! Missing the crisp air at this time of the year doesn’t keep me from enjoying fall recipes. I have an easy comfort food that you can enjoy throughout the upcoming week and it smells great. We all know fall is about the smells 😉
First, I get out my trusty crockpot. I use a Ninja crockpot because it has a stove stop function as well as a slow cook function. But this can be done with any crock pot or on a low simmer via the stove top. This is a mix-up on an old favorite. All day spaghetti sauce is full of flavor and is great to make in bulk so it can be enjoyed in the days to come. This can me made easy by using store bought ingredients or make it from scratch, this is your masterpiece. I used store bought ingredients because I was looking for simple comfort. Let’s go see the next steps.
Next, either find your spaghetti sauce recipe or buy a favorite. My family favorite is Prego Traditional (I don’t leave it at just the jar). My family loves a good meat sauce as well, so let’s start there. Ok, the crock pot is out and you have your sauce. Now, get some Italian spices fresh or jar. Don’t forget the Bay Leaf! Please don’t forget the garlic and fresh onion (I use a purple onion). Now we are ready for the step by step. Look Below.
- Chop the onion and garlic or use pre chopped garlic. Warm the crock pot using the high heat stove stop function then put the onion and garlic in the pot (remember I am using the one pot method) Place your meat on top so the flavors can get inside the meat. Add a pinch of Italian spices. Cook the meat as you normally would for a meat sauce. Once browned you can either drain or continue to cook down (This is my favorite especially if using turkey).
- Now is the time to add the sauce, stir everything together (still on the stove top function) Add more Italian spices and drop the Bay leaf on top. Switch to the slow cooker function (low) and walk away.
- Check on it about halfway through if you can, if not don’t worry the crock pot will do its job. I stir everything with a wooden spoon and scrape the sides of the pot during this halfway point. Add more spices if I feel it needs it (we eat flavorful), and walk away again. My low slow cooker function is an 8 hour timer and warms for an hour after.
- Once the beautifully smelling sauce is done, I keep it in the pot and start cooking the noodles on my stove top. I put in a loaf of garlic bread or whip up a side salad.
- ENJOY! And enlist your helpers to do the dishes. You have been cooking all day 🙂
Let me know in the comments below what your favorite fall comfort food is. I love my crock pot this time of the year. The house is full of fall aromas and cooking is made more simple.
If I have inspired you please tag me on your social media #sewmuchglitter with your version of this fall comfort favorite. I am active on Instagram/Facebook so please check it out @sewmuchglitter and say HI! Don’t forget to subscribe to the blog so you are notified of new posts. I love to gain inspiration from others and I enjoy inspiring you as well, if you have any fun fall traditions let me know. I am excited to share more of mine with you soon!